New Member Application
Who We Are
History of IMTAL
Meet the Board
Jon Lipsky Playwriting Award
Museum Theatre Definitions
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming IMTAL Events
AAM Annual Meeting
Past IMTAL Conferences
Theatre in Museums Workshop!
26 Sep 2011
01 Oct 2011
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
September 26 - 28, 2011 (Part I)
Basic information needed to start a theatre program and an opportunity to hear about and observe other museums' programs.
September 29 - October 1, 2011 (Part II)
An opportunity to work on your own script or to participate in the process of working on others' scripts. Please note: in order to enroll in Part II you must have taken part in Part I this year or in the past. If you are submitting a script for the workshop, it must reach the Children's Museum of Indianapolis by July 30, 2011.
Sessions will include:
• The importance of a collaborative exhibit and interpretation planning process in
the main message and goals of an exhibit.
• The use of actors and interpreters in exhibits, including examples of museum
demonstrations, facilitated programs, character appearances, informal
• Administrative and personnel needs of institutional theatre and interpretation
• Working with professional writers
• Actors in institutional settings
• Tours of local museums
• Guest performances and sessions
A brochure and registration form is available
. If you have additional questions, please email Patricia Daily at
patriciad "at" childrensmuseum "dot" org
or call (317) 334-3819. Registration deadline is August 19, 2011.
© 2021 IMTAL |
International Museum Theatre Alliance (IMTAL)
c/o New England Museum Association
22 Mill Street, Ste 409
Arlington, MA 02476