The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
September 26 - 28, 2011 (Part I)
Basic information needed to start a theatre program and an opportunity to hear about and observe other museums' programs.
September 29 - October 1, 2011 (Part II)
An opportunity to work on your own script or to participate in the process of working on others' scripts. Please note: in order to enroll in Part II you must have taken part in Part I this year or in the past. If you are submitting a script for the workshop, it must reach the Children's Museum of Indianapolis by July 30, 2011.
Sessions will include:
• The importance of a collaborative exhibit and interpretation planning process in
meeting the main message and goals of an exhibit.
• The use of actors and interpreters in exhibits, including examples of museum
theatre, demonstrations, facilitated programs, character appearances, informal
interpretation, and exhibit hosts.
• Administrative and personnel needs of institutional theatre and interpretation
• Working with professional writers
• Actors in institutional settings
• Tours of local museums
• Guest performances and sessions
A brochure and registration form is available HERE. If you have additional questions, please email Patricia Daily at patriciad "at" childrensmuseum "dot" org or call (317) 334-3819. Registration deadline is August 19, 2011.